Tuesday, November 18, 2008

JOURNAL #4


    From my junior high school, I have always done well in my writing in Chinese. My articles were taken as model essays by Chinese teacher to read out to the whole class. The more time the teacher appreciated, the better I did my essays. I am proud of and enjoy my writing in Chinese. Usually, I document my day-life impression about an experience, a book, a movie, or a people in my blog. It is a record of my growth process. Once I review these records one day, it will remind me of precious memories.
     But now it is my English era, I must focus on my writing in English. Actually, I’m not good at skill of English writing, such as grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, so that it’s difficult to correctly express my thought. Grammar which makes readers clarify what writers convey is the basic of a sentence. I still make some mistakes in some details. It is not allowed to occur in academic writing which is conscientious and careful. Vocabulary can make the whole article vivid, especially adjective words which exactly describe the features of something. Sentence structure can make the article complex.
     It better looks like a academic essay with different sentence structure. During the ELI study, I had have to practice and practice, again and again under the guidance of my teacher. She teaches sorts of skills to put in use, so that I achieve progress in my English writing.
     Maybe soon after several months or a year, I can document my thoughts in English and share my emotion to my foreign friends.

1 comment:

Eilidh said...

This is a good reflection on the differences you are finding between writing in English and wriitng in Chinese. The reflection process is an important one; by thinking about how we write in different situations we can understand what is needed to write well in different circumstances, and we can practise the skills that we need to imporove over time. Writing in another English is a very difficult thing to be able to do well, and it takes time, energy, ideas, patience and a lot of practise, which I am sure you know!